Professor Simon Wright, Kathryn Mayo and Jenny Walker, recorded at the Dentinal Tubules Global Congress, October 2018.
This lecture is particularly useful for hygienists and therapists who undertake either implant maintenance or implant-related non-surgical therapy. It provides a deep insight into what peri-implantitis is, the protocols you can use in practice for maintenance and treatment and analysis (with risks and benefits) for all preferred forms of instrumentation.
Aims and Objectives:
- Understand the definitions of prevalence and incidence
- Understand the prevalence and incidence of peri-implantitis
- Understand true peri-implantitis and the other diagnosis that can be misdiagnosed as peri-implantitis
- Discuss the differences between a tooth and an implant and how this affects the management protocol
- Define Peri-implant diseases
- Assessment and recall protocols for the implant patient and maintenance protocols for healthy and diseased implant patients
- Instrument choice and debridement techniques for non-surgical therapy
- Referral pathways
- Further training