Part 1 Aims and Objectives:
- Understand the role of Forensic Odontology.
- Understand how identification is done and an overview of the methods for identification.
- Gain an overview of where bite mark analysis is used.
Part 2 Aims and Objectives:
- Understanding why Forensic Dentistry is used for identification.
- Understanding the importance of identification and why teeth are used.
- Understanding the equipment used by a forensic odontologist for these purposes.
- Gaining an overview of why positive identification sometimes fails, thus knowing ideal antemortem and post mortem records.
- Gaining an understanding of the role of the GDP and how they can help forensic odontologists.
- Understanding why forensic odontologists may contact practitioners.