- To explain the Mental Capacity Act and the 5 Principles within it and look at who it affects.
- The assessment of Capacity will familiarise you with recognising and understanding dementia.
- To improve the learner’s ability to obtain valid consent from patients at each stage of investigation or treatment.
- To review the principles of patient consent in accordance with the current GDC standards.
- To examine the legal framework provided by the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and its implications for dental professionals.
- To discuss dementia awareness and how to consent a patient with dementia.
- Know the 5 Principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and explain how we apply those principles to our work.
- Describe how to obtain valid consent of someone who may lack capacity.
- Think about what dementia is and how people experience Alzheimer’s Dementia.
60 mins CPD/CE