In this TubulesLive, we invited a panel of dento-legal experts to answer various questions. This dento-legal session covered aspects related to COVID-19 answering the following questions:
- How does the consent process, perhaps, change as a result of COVID-19?
- What should be included in the records, in respect of cross infection control or changes in SOP brought about by COVID-19?
- I want to offer antibody testing in my practice. Does Dental Protection have any opinions on this, and will I be indemnified?
- I have quite a lot of patients who are shielding, how do I manage them and how do I handle members of staff who are vulnerable or shielding?
- I am an FD and I'm not seeing patients at the moment. What else can I do in the practice?
- I am an associate, and I am not entirely comfortable with the measure the practice has put in place, what do I do?
- There is so much guidance from various associations, public health, CDO, FGDP etc, which ones should we be following as they are all slightly different?
Dr. Elaine Cook
Dr. Martin Foster
Dr. Jim Lafferty
Dr. Susie Sanderson
Dr. George Wright