Aims and Objectives:
- Treatment planning for the immediate implant therapy
- Gain an insight into aesthetic problems associated with single implants and multiple implants and what possible complications can arise
- An understanding of the limitations of socket preservation and soft tissue grafting techniques in thin biotypes
- Understanding where partial extraction therapies as a possible solution can be used in these situations
- Overview of socket shield/root membrane technique, root submergence technique and pontic shield techniques and
- Understanding the benefits of the partial extraction therapies
- Some frequently asked questions about the socket shield technique:
- How long should the socket shield be?
- How deep should I place the implant?
- How much space do I need between the socket shield and the implant?
- Do we need Emdogain for the retained root?
- Do I have to fill the jump gap?
- How high should I leave the socket shield above the bone?
- How thick should the socket shield be?
- Subgingival crown distance to the shield?
- Pontic site development for multiple teeth situations
60 mins CPD/CE