Dr Elaine Halley discussed smile design.
Aims and objectives
- What makes an ideal smile design - objective and subjective criteria of smile design
- Understanding aspects of macro aesthetics including embrasures, principles of proportion and central dominance, labial anatomy, line angles and incisal edges, emergence profile and symmetry.
- Understanding aspects of micro aesthetics including shade selection, margin placement and design, surface finish, luster and reflectivity, incisal translucency and surface colour characterisations
- Understanding pink aesthetics - periodontal health, ovate pontic, gingival contour shape and position
- Treatment planning using the 5 global variables