This lecture discusses the importance of using sectional matrix bands and why clinicians need to become comfortable with isolation and sectional bands for long-term success with class II composites. The most popular systems will be discussed with the relative uses for each.
Aims and objectives
- To discuss why we need a sectional matrix band?
- What difficulties are typically face with various systems available?
- Understand that there is no one-size-fits-all, we need to be able to have a few systems at hand
- Management of extreme cases of deep subgingival caries
- The limits and when we must resort to crown lengthening, or crowns, for predictable success