Filmed at the SRRDG ACSRD conference in 2014. This is an interactive session between consultants and the audience. Dr. Peter Briggs presents a case and the audience give their opinions on treatment planning before a panel of 10-12 consultants provide their views and opinions.
Aims and objectives:
Understand, through the interactive discussion, management of an oncology case, taking into consideration:
- Dental history, photographs, radiographs, CBCT, pathology, assessment
- Diagnosis, co-morbidities
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Surgery, resection of the tumour, selective neck dissection
- Surgical reconstruction, closure with a flap
- Prosthetic reconstruction, open defect and obturator
- Implant placement, pre-radiotherapy, post radiotherapy
This is case 4 out of 5.
To view Case 1. Treatment planning and options for a toothwear case. Click here
To view Case 2. Treatment planning and options for a case with severe internal resorption click here
To view case 3. Treatment planning and options for a periodontally involved mobile central incisor click here
To view case 5. Management of a case of peri implantitis click here
These lectures, workshops and discussion panels were all filmed as part of the 2014 SRRDG and RD-UK conference. To view the complete list of all 21 videos click here