Aims and objectives:
- Learn the definition(s) of CR
- Know when to use this position in clinical dentistry
- Appreciate when not to use CR in certain cases
- Debunk of myths around CR
- Discussion on the reason and love for continual study in the field of occlusion
- Definition of CR (applicable one!) and why we have to rely on teeth as references
- Why is the 'reproducibility' of CR useful?
- When you should NOT use CR as the position to rehabilitate: 2 Good examples given
- In situations where you avoid CR, how can you ensure success?
- Brief discussion about orthodontics and the controversy of whether orthodontists should be planning from CR
- What happens to patients rehabilitated in CR position over time?
- If you restore someone in CR - can you stop their bruxism
- There may also be an anatomical reason not to use CR, discussion
- Remember - most of our dentistry is conformative and in ICP/MIP - Become a GOOD conformer first!
View all videos in the series: Protrusive Dental Podcast