Aims and objectives:
- Understand macro trauma, and micro trauma relevant to TMJ pathology
- What is Barry's message?
- What does he mean by 'occlusion does not matter unless you're occluding?'
- Why MIP is pathological - we discuss confirmation bias in dentistry
- Can we reliably stop parafunction? - what adjunctive support therapies are prescribed for complex orofacial pain patients?
- Can you use an AMPSA with a patient with degenerative joint disease?
- The first 20 mm of opening is pure condylar RO - NOT! It's not pure rotation!
- What is an enthesis and why is that relevant?
- Can you give an anterior only appliance to someone with clicking?
- Why might a patient say their click has now stopped?
- To myth-bust common beliefs held about TMJ and occlusion
- To revisit TMJ anatomy, with respect to clicking joints
- Understand the role of anterior-midpoint stop appliance for managing parafunction
- The role of macro trauma and micro trauma in TMJ pathology
View all videos in the series: Protrusive Dental Podcast