Aims and objectives:
- Understand causes of back pain, for the dental team
- Understand how can we prevent back pain becoming a problem for our profession
- What can we do, at work, to help our backs
- To evaluate our overall health and how that fits into musculoskeletal health
- Evidence-based strategies in prevention and management of back pain
- How to know if your physiotherapist is evidence-based
- Advice for dental professionals suffering from back pain
- Back pain myths debunked - is there a role for massage, Pilates, mobilisation and manipulation, acupuncture?
- Will saddle chairs work?
- Does magnification really help your back?
- Are you moving around while doing your dentistry
- Is stretching good for back pain?
- What relation does stress have with your back?
- We draw parallels between the physio world and dental world
If people want regular updates on back, and neck pain, in dentistry they should follow:
Twitter: @Toothphysio and @Ben_FYS
If you are looking for an evidenced-based physiotherapist in your local area then find followers of @MSK-Reform on twitter and see if any of them can help.
View all videos in the series: Protrusive Dental Podcast