Aims and objectives:
- Understand the different management options for established dental caries
- Debate the timing of intervention for carious lesions
- Discussion on the classification to describe radiographic caries
- Carefully (re)consider the timing of the clinical intervention of dental caries
- Improve decision making with caries detection and treatment timing
- Why use a caries detection system (such as ICDAS)?
- Which is the best system?
- What about cracks, do these count as a 'cavitation' and therefore warrant restoration?
View all videos in the series: Protrusive Dental Podcast