In this episode of Protrusive Dental Podcast, Dr. Kreena Patel discusses the decision cracked teeth.
Aims and objectives:
- Understand the predictors of successful endodontics in relation to characteristics of a crack
- To be able to diagnose cracked teeth
- Appreciate when a crack may deem a tooth unrestorable
- An evidence-based overview of the diagnosis and management of cracked teeth
- Cracks, the difficult conversations with patients
- How to manage situations where pain is difficult to localise and you're in a diagnostic dilemma
- What if you just can’t find out which tooth it is, what should you say to the patient?
- What % chance of success should you give to the patient based on clinical findings?
- Can you use a cotton wool roll as an alternative to a Tooth Slooth?
- Should you chase a crack?
- When you open a molar access cavity and trace a crack - where is the cut off, for the extent of the crack, before it is deemed not worth saving?
- Any advice for GDPs dealing with CTS?
- What is the evidence for RCT in patients with cracks?
- What is the consent conversation you have regarding cracks?
- Impact of CBCT in endodontics
- Can you spot a crack on a CBCT?