In this episode of Protrusive Dental Podcast, Dr. Chris Orr discusses composite vs ceramic.
Aims and objectives:
- To compare composite restorations with ceramic restorations, in terms of clinical parameters for longevity and success
- Revisit the indications for composite and ceramic
- To evaluate the performances of composite and ceramic in various clinical scenarios
- Comparison of the features and benefits of these two restorative materials
- Is there a place for inlays?
- At what point does a composite become a ceramic: direct becomes indirect
- Is there a place for composite onlays?
- Does the parafunctional status of a patient influence the choice of restoration?
- Is e.max acceptable for 2nd molars?
- Dual cure cement vs light cure cement for onlays?
- How do you decide which cusps to cover, what kind of join is best to the tooth?
- Pressed e.max vs CAD/CAM e.max
- What does Dr. Orr think about BOPT/vertipreps?