In this episode of Protrusive Dental Podcast, Dr. Richard Porter discusses emotional intelligence.
Aims and objectives:
Gain an understanding of emotional intelligence, as applied to dentistry, taking into consideration:
- The journey of Dr. Porter
- How important is luck in our life and career?
- What is emotional intelligence (EI), with tangible examples, relevant to dentistry?
- Self-awareness, self-regulation, social awareness, social relationships
- How important are emotional quotient (EQ) and intelligence quotient (IQ)?
- High EI, does it lead to greater success?
- Are we born with EI; can we improve our EQ?
- How you can find out your level of EI: Richard suggests the Big 5 Ocean assessment and understandmyself.com?
- The importance of emotional intelligence for dentists and the entire dental team