This TubulesTalk Part 2 is for all dentists who wish to experience a unique approach to modern resin dentistry. The Bioclear Method offers a unique and cutting edge alternative to traditional direct composite restorations. It introduces the use of ‘injection moulding’ composite placement techniques with the use of the anatomic Bioclear matrix system.
Background: Direct composites are underappreciated in today’s world of implants and computer-assisted ceramics. Posterior tooth preparations have not been reinvented from the 1890 G V Black models. Those preparations no longer have a place in today’s composite dentistry. Dentist and inventor Dr David Clark founded Bioclear in 2007. He has created a new system for a modern approach to restorative dentistry. The Bioclear Method provides the latest, most progressive products and techniques evolving from the traditional preparations, and anatomical matrix systems, for anterior and posterior composite restorations. The method gives dentists the tools and equipment to allow for longer lasting, stronger, and aesthetically superior composites.
Composite can be the least invasive restorative option, producing the most natural and wonderfully aesthetic of all restorations.
By the end of the session delegates will be able to:
● Understand the Bioclear Method background and method
● The importance of biofilm removal
● Receive an update and evaluation of modern matrices, wedges and separators
● Discover heated composite and how best to combine flowable and liquefied paste composites (injection moulding technique) to produce monolythic composite.
● Understand the Clark 2-step Polish technique
● Understand solutions to avoid the most common mistakes that lead to less than satisfactory results when performing anterior and posterior composites
In Part 2:
Understand the role of the Bioclear system in posterior teeth
Understand the variations in cavity preparation design
Understand the role of diamond wedges and the twin ring separators
Gain a knowledge of how the chosen composite systems work
Gain an insight into how Bioclear method is used for advanced restorative work eg orthodontic cases and Occlusal rehabilitation