This was a standard Inman type whitening: in the last few weeks of alignment impressions are taken and gingival margins on the models are scribed to give a very defined 0.5mm deep trench, trays made on these fit very closely around the gum and seal out saliva.
2 weeks of day white 6% easy peasy!
A simple Align Bleach and bond case using Inman Aligner, Philips zoom day white and venus pearl.
10 weeks of alignment using an Inman with a combined expander to speed up treatment. 2 weeks of Hydrogen peroxide 6% whitening and a very simplified edge bonding using venus.
Final year case presentation!
Patient referred to me complaining of gaps in the lower arch due to XLA of LL2 & LL3 previously due to AAP. Since moving to UK 10 years ago from India, no regular dental visits!
Examination and special tests revealed:
Moderate generalised chronic periodontitis
Primary caries LR76 LL678 and UL8
Fractured LL8 restoration
Defective crown LL7
Retained root LL1
Edentulous spaces LR7-LR6, LL1-LL3 & LL6
Phase 1 – Stabilisation:
- Supra and sub-gingival debridement.
- Tailored oral hygiene instructions.
- XLA UR8 and UL8.
- RSD UR4, UR2, UR1, UL1, LR5, LR3, LR2, LL4.
- Restore UR7, UR6, UL6, UL7, LR8, LL8.
Phase 2 – Restorative:
- Replace PFM crown LL7 with a milled FGC.
- Remove LL1 bridge pontic and re-contour LR1 abutment.
- Construct Co-Cr -/P.
Phase 3 – Maintenance:
- Review periodontal health.
- Reinforce oral/denture hygiene instructions.
Welcome any comments!